Rhoda Fajardo 3D Rhoda Fajardo 3D: Tutorial: How To Lose Your Social Life

Apr 28, 2016

Tutorial: How To Lose Your Social Life


How To Lose Your Social Life

I don't intend to be negative in this post, yet I just wanna get real for a sec. While most of us are hustling and grinding to achieve our goals, no one really talks about the dark side of ambition.

Being in the architecture/interior design industry is very challenging.


I work 6 days a week. Aside from my job, I'm also a freelancer and a network marketer. Don't get me wrong, I really love what I'm doing. The down side however is, it takes a lot of energy. There are many times that I'd lose sleep coz of my sidelines. Talk about self-sabotage.

Ambition. It's supposedly a great motivator and source of energy. The irony.


Every once in a while, I see the dark side of ambition when I become a total psycho at work, coz I'm passionate like that. I have a healthy dose of ambition, however, when I start to hyperfocus, I don't notice that I'm losing time for my daughters for my own selfish gain. Well, not really selfish coz everything I'm doing now is just a preparation for my bigger goals in life, that would also benefit my loved ones.

But deep down inside, there are other things that are more important to me.


Rhoda Fajardo | Manila Female Photographer

Like, pursuing a hobby or going after something that sets my heart on fire, rather than investing massive amounts of time in my career. I know, I know, you're confused now. I really don't expect you to understand me. It's just that, there are times that I just wanna break free from the major time commitment and just enjoy my life.

Do you still have a social life?


If you do, congratulations! We should have drinks sometime! I feel so lazy typing this post. I literally wrote this in like 5 minutes. Anyhoo, I'll be on hiatus for the next 52 weeks (or until I feel like writing again). Ciao for now!


Rhoda Fajardo 3D

fonts

Did you like this post? Leave a comment!