Rhoda Fajardo 3D Rhoda Fajardo 3D: Toy Photography Is Fun

Apr 14, 2016

Toy Photography Is Fun


Toy Photography Is Fun

Toys speak to our creativity and our childhood dreams. Everybody is still a kid on the most fundamental level. The camera, alongside our imagination, will allow us to catch moments like these:

Toy Photography

Toy Photography

Toy Photography

Toy Photography

Toy Photography

The challenge of this photoshoot is to make the toys appear real.


I imagined myself as a director or a cinematographer during this shoot. I can't help but pay attention to all the details. I've put the toys in typical real-life scenes to eliminate that plastic feel using my Nikon D5100 camera with its 18-55m kit lens. I want everything to be photorealistic (so to speak).

For now, my work may not be as impressive as the toy photos in Google Search results, however, my goal is to achieve professional quality photos in the near future.

I've been practicing photography during my free time.


I was bored out of my mind before I bought a DSLR. Now that I already have one, I just can't put the camera down even if most of my shots still suck! I really wanna master photography!

At the moment, I still don't know how to manipulate the lighting using the camera alone. So, I still do a lot of Photoshop to make my photos look pretty. I'm researching a lot of DIY reflectors using household items and maybe I'll do some lighting tests this weekend.

Hopefully I could spark some new ideas real soon!


Photography is so fun and fulfilling, especially when I start to get my gear piece by piece. You might wonder if I plan to do this for a living in the future? YES I DO. I know in my heart that this is something I'm passionate about and I will do whatever it takes to make my dreams come true. I love Architecture, Art, Music and Photography and I don't wanna focus on one thing. I want to mix my passions altogether and create something really big! Anyhoo . . .

Do you like my photos?


Which one is your favorite? You can also view the whole album of my Shooting Practice on Facebook.


Rhoda Fajardo 3D



Did you like this post? Leave a comment!